Pizza Hut Hawaiian Luau (Things You Must Know)
Last updated on October 26th, 2022 at 05:20 pm
Gone are the days when pizza was just plain old cheese pizza.
In the past few years alone, restaurants and chains have experimented with all kinds of toppings, sauces, and even crusts to create unique pizza concoctions that satisfy customers’ cravings more than mozzarella.
One of the most popular new types of pizza is Hawaiian luau pizza; read this article to know which is suitable for you with its nutrition.
The Hawaiian luau personal pizza features pepperoni and tomato sauce with additional mozzarella cheese drizzled with garlic and parmesan cheese. These are all atop an Original Crust also made with real cheese. However, the essential ingredients of a Hawaiian luau pizza are pineapple, ham, and smoked bacon.
What Is On Hawaiian Luau Pizza Hut?
If you’re unfamiliar with the Hawaiian luau pizza, it’s essentially an ordinary cheese pizza with pineapple slices added. There are different types with different sizes.
Pizza Hut has a range of pizzas; Hawaiian luau pizza, pizza stuffed crust, and pan pizza slices. It is more of a hot item than a cold one.
Other popular menu items at Pizza Hut include the Texas Rangers and the Fantasy World, to name two examples.
Hawaiian Luau Pizza is packed with mouthwatering ham and real Canadian bacon and topped with sweet pineapple, tangy red onions, and a spicy barbecue sauce.
It’s a decadent pizza that can please even your pickiest family members.
The description on their menu says: tropical island flavors combined with bold BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, and fresh pineapple.
The primary ingredient of a Hawaiian luau pizza is pineapple, ham, and smoked bacon.
It is made with a sweet barbecue sauce and topped with grilled chicken, pineapple chunks, red onions, and barbecued ham.
Like all other pizzas on their menu, you can order extra cheese or create your Hawaiian Luau pizza by adding whatever toppings you want.
Hawaiian Luau Pizza Hut Ingredients
Pineapple, ham, and smoked bacon are significant ingredients for creating a Hawaiian luau pizza.
Below is the list of ingredients needed when making a Hawaiian luau pizza:
- One pound of pizza dough or homemade dough.
- Use olive oil to brush on food and grease baking sheets.
- Then cornmeal to coat the baking sheet (optional).
- ½ cup pizza sauce or homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, chopped
- Apply four ounces of Canadian bacon, around four to five slices.
- A quarter of a cup of chopped pineapple, 100 grams or 3.25 ounces, either fresh or canned
- About a quarter of a cup of chopped cooked bacon, diced to a quarter of an inch, about four slices
- Use oregano, fresh or dry, for topping (optional).
The Steps To Preparing Your Hawaiian Luau Pizza Using the Ingredients
- Adjust the rack in the oven to the lowest possible setting. Bring the temperature up to 500℉.
- Let the pizza dough sit out for half an hour at room temperature.
- Use the olive oil to brush a big baking sheet lightly. If you want, spread cornmeal in an even layer on the pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch the dough into a 10-inch circle.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet that you have prepared. Make a circle with a diameter of 12 inches by pressing with your fingertips. Keep the edges slightly thicker than the rest, about half an inch taller and more extensive.
- When baked, the crust will be crispier if you have some olive oil brushed on the edges of the dough.
- Spread on the sauce, then layer on the cheese, then the ham, then the pineapple, and finally the bacon. It would help if you sprinkled the oregano on top.
- Bake the pizza on the lowest rack for 10 to 12 minutes, until the dough is brown and the cheese has melted.
- Slice the pizza with your pizza cutter as soon as possible and serve it while it is still hot.
Pizza Hut Hawaiian Luau Pizza Calories
The calories in a slice of Pizza Hut’s Hawaiian luau pizza are 380. The breakdown of the calories in it is 41% of carbs, 43% of fat, and 16% protein.
There are calories in different sizes and types of Hawaiian luau pizza, and I’ll be listing the composition of the calories below.
- In a Hawaiian luau personal pizza slice, the Hawaiian luau pizza contains 150 calories—the breakdown of the calories in it is 6g of protein, 18g of carbs, and 310mg of sodium.
- In a pan pizza slice of 12 inches, the Hawaiian luau pizza contains 260 calories—the breakdown of the calories in it is 11g of protein, 28g of carbs, and 610mg of sodium.
- In a pan pizza slice of 14 inches, the Hawaiian luau pizza contains 380 calories—the breakdown of the calories in it is 15g of protein, 39g of carbs, and 860mg of sodium.
- In a thin and crispy pizza slice of 12 inches, the Hawaiian luau pizza contains 220 calories—the breakdown of the calories in it is 10g of protein, 24g of carbs, and 650mg of sodium.
- In a thin and crispy pizza slice of 14 inches, the Hawaiian luau pizza contains 300 calories—the breakdown of the calories in it is 13g of protein, 31g of carbs, and 900mg of sodium.
- In the hand-tossed pizza slice of 12 inches, the Hawaiian luau pizza contains 240 calories—the breakdown of the calories in it is 11g of protein, 27g of carbs, and 640mg of sodium.
- In the hand-tossed pizza slice of 14 inches, the Hawaiian luau pizza contains 340 calories—the breakdown of the calories in it is 15g of protein, 40g of carbs, and 930mg of sodium.
Hawaiian Luau- Small Thin ‘N Crispy Slice Nutrition Facts
The small, thin ‘n crispy slice of a Hawaiian luau contains 110 calories for a serving size of one piece. These calories are distributed evenly throughout the portion.
This Hawaiian luau pizza has 14 grams of carbohydrates, dietary fiber of one gram (four percent of daily value), two grams of sugar, and five grams of protein.
Thirty-six percent of the calories come from fat, four grams of total fat, and ten percent of the daily value for saturated fat is two grams.
Cholesterol levels are three percent of the daily value, and sodium levels are twelve percent of the daily value (10 percent of the DV).
Daily values are derived using a diet of 2,000 calories as the standard. The number of calories you require may necessitate a more significant or lower daily requirement.
Hawaiian Luau- Large Thin ‘N Crispy Slice Nutrition Facts
The large thin ‘n crispy slice of a Hawaiian luau has 260 calories for a serving size of one piece. It is the total number of calories included in the item.
This Hawaiian luau pizza has 31 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of dietary fiber (8 percent of the daily value), 6 grams of sugars, and 12 grams of protein.
It contains 90 calories from fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat (23 percent of the daily value), 10 grams of total fat (15 percent of the daily value), 620 milligrams of sodium (26 percent of the daily value), 25 milligrams of cholesterol (8 percent of the daily value), sodium.
Now you know the nutritional facts of a large thin n’ crispy slice of a Hawaiian luau.
If you weigh 140 lbs, to burn off the 260 calories contained in it, you would have to either walk for 3 miles per hour (70 minutes), run for 6 miles per hour (25 minutes), or cycle for 10 miles per hour (36 minutes).
Overall, your Hawaiian Luau pizza is low in fat and a good source of protein.
However, it’s high in carbs and sodium, so you might want to consider other options if you’re on a ketogenic diet or have health issues like diabetes.
And while it’s not going to harm anyone who consumes it occasionally, overeating pizza can lead to weight gain and make it harder to get into shape.
The Hawaiian luau pizza is a pizza with a twist in the form of pineapple slices added to it.
There are different ways this pizza hut specialty comes, such as the small thin n’ crispy, the large thin n’ crispy, and much more, but they all have their nutritional facts.
So, it’s up to you to look through this guide to know which is best for you.