Last updated on October 26th, 2022 at 05:20 pm
Are you looking for a non-stick coating or a release bakeware pan? The 9×13 pan is known for its effectiveness in baking a delicious mouth-watering brownies recipe.
Naturally, this raises interest in the pan’s capabilities to perform optimally. All you need to know in this article will be at your fingertip.
A 9×13 square pan can make 12 cups of brownies at a time. The 9×13 square pan is ideal for making brownies at parties or large gatherings. The 9×13 pan bakes 12-20 servings.
How Many Servings of Brownies in a 9×13 pan?
The 9×13 pan bakes 12-20 servings of brownies. The size of the baking dish depicts the number of servings your desert will produce.
A 9×13 baking pan makes at least ten small portions, whereas a 13×9 baking dish makes six large portions.
The size of the 9×13 baking pan varies slightly from the 13×9 baking pan, but both yield approximately the same number of brownies.
For instance, a rectangular pan yields about 64 square inches of cake, whereas a square pan yields 117 square inches.
A 9×13 inch pan yields about 45 one-inch-thick slices of brownies, whereas the two-quart baking pan yields about 118 square inches of surface area.
#1. Pan Sizes and Their Capacities
Baking pans come in different sizes and of varying capacities. To determine the dimensions of a baking pan, the measurement is done inside edge to inside edge.
Below is a table showing some of the various pan Sizes and their volume:
|Approximate Pan Dimensions in Inches.
|Approximate Volume in Cups
|8×1 ½ inches
|9×2 ½ inches
|2 ¾ x 1 ½ inches
How Many Boxes of Brownie Mix for a 9×13 pan?
One box of brownie mix is ideal for a 9×13 inch pan. However, two boxes of Brownie mix can serve as well.
A standard 9×13 pan is large enough to contain both batches of brownies and could help save time.
In contrast, the 9×9 pans are too small. If the single box of brownie mix sets, the recipe is doubled but will take longer to bake.
A 9×13-inch brownie mix pan will be taller when compared to an 8×8-inch brownie mix pan due to its extensive nature.
Meanwhile, when doubling a recipe, the batter also is doubled. Whereas the difference in cooking time between the two is minimal.
How to Make Brownies Using Brownie Mix?
The following ingredients are needed to make brownies using a mix: egg, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and water.
Preheat your oven, making sure it’s ready for your brownies.
Below are the steps involved in making brownies using brownie mix in sequential order:
- Take the brownie mix out of the box
- Pour the brownie mix into the mixer bowl.
- Crack your eggs and pour them into the mixer bowl.
- Add three tablespoons of water.
- Add ½ cup of vegetable oil directly into the mixer.
- Turn on the mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- While mixing, kindly take parchment paper and put it on your pan.
- Take one teaspoon of vegetable oil and spread it on the sheet to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan.
- Take the mix and pour it into the pan with the parchment paper.
- After 30 minutes, it should be ready.
- Lastly, cover with a cover brownie foil and then allow to cool for about 1 hour before you cut.
How Many Pot Brownies in a 9×13 pan?
About 20-50 pot-infused brownies are made in a 9×13 pan, provided you use an extra bowl, and when using a larger pan.
Four large eggs are also needed to make a batch of pot-infused chocolate bars. For more chocolate flavor, making a pot of brownies requires cocoa powder.
And some ingredients like vegetable oil and melted butter give it a flavored taste.
Pot brownies are a recipe made with the addition of cannabis. Pot brownies use infused fat such as cannabutter and canna oil.
Pot brownies are also called weed brownies, hash browns, space cake, special brownies, hash brownies, and fun brownies, to name a few.
If your brownies are typically refrigerated, they can last up to five to seven days.
How Do You Cut Brownies in a 9×13 pan?
Before cutting your brownies in a 9×13 pan into nice slices, you must allow them to cool.
After which, you will cut the brownies with a plastic knife, depending on your preference.
Brownies can also be cut into perfect squares using a ruler and dipping a serrated knife into hot water.
Below are tables for the various ways of cutting brownies in a 9×13 pan.
#1. Steps For Cutting Basic Brownies
To cut basic brownies, these are the steps:
- Allow brownies cool for 1-2 hours before you cut. You should leave the brownies on a wire cooling rack until they are thoroughly cooled
- The serrated knife does a good job when it comes to cutting through brownies.
- Make one vertical cut in the middle of the brownies to divide it into two equal half. Cutting the brownies into two halves makes it easier to divide them to your desired size.
- Divide each half in half again. After cutting your brownies into two sections, another vertical cut through each section.
- Make 1-3 horizontal cuts to divide the brownies down the center. You could cut your brownies into a small section if you prefer a bite-sized piece.
#2. Steps For Cutting a Perfectly-Sized Brownies
To cut perfectly-sized brownies, below are the steps:
- First, you use a disposable plastic knife for precise cuts. Cutting through your cooled brownies with a disposable plastic knife is as easy as cutting through butter.
- Trim about ⅙-¼ inches off the edge of your brownies. It ensures a smoothly sliced outer edge of your brownies.
- You make notches around the edge of the brownies at a 2-inch interval. You use a ruler for the cutting and the various measurements.
- Dip the plastic knife in hot water to make it even cut smoothly. There shouldn’t be any crumbs of brownies left on the surface of the knife.
- At each mark made, cut your brownies vertically. When finding it difficult to make a clean cut, wipe your blade on a paper towel after each cut.
Is it Okay to Bake Two Boxes of Brownie Mix Together in a 9×13 Pan to Save Time?
Yes, it’s okay to bake two boxes of brownie mix together in a 9×13 pan. It is done firstly by heating the oven to about 325 degrees.
Next, you grease the bottom of the 9×13-inch rectangular pan. Finally, you prepared the batter using two mixed packages and doubled all ingredients such as eggs and vegetable oil.
You should bake the two boxes of brownie mix for 51-53 minutes for shiny metal or baked brownies glass pan and 45-47 minutes for the dark non-stick dish.
The two boxes of brownie mix are then allowed to cool for an hour before cutting.
You bake both brownie mix boxes in a 9×13 pan, but you must be ready to accept the result afterward.
#1. How to Make Box Brownies Taste Homemade?
The necessary ingredients must be in place for the box brownie mix to taste more homemade and better.
A traditional brownie only requires eggs, water, and vegetable oil. However, there are other additional ingredients to taste the next level.
These are some of the different elements:
- Melted butter enhances the taste of the brownies and makes them more homemade.
- Cocoa powder makes the brownie more chocolate.
- The espresso powder makes the chocolate richer in nutrients and looks.
- There is no specific number of eggs; the more, the merrier. Also, egg yolks give room for more fat in your brownies.
- About ½ to ¾ cup of chocolate chips, chopped nuts, peanut butter chips, caramel bits, mint pieces, Reese’s, etc. When added to your box, brownies give it a pleasant smell and a facelift.
A 9×13 square pan is among the many pans for baking brownies and other types of cakes.
The 9×13 square pan is ideal for making brownies at parties or large gatherings.
One box of brownie mix is ideal for a 9×13 inch pan. To cut your brownies, they must be allowed to cool first and foremost.