Did Starbucks Discontinue Chicken Caprese? (Explained)
Last updated on October 26th, 2022 at 05:19 pm
Being a multinational coffee house, Starbucks is a box of joy when it comes to restaurants.
Starbucks is the best place to kill the desire to drink a coffee with Brazilian flavors.
However, Starbucks also offers snacks, as well as beverages and drinks.
On the other hand, there has been news recently that Starbucks discontinued their popular chicken Caprese.
Is it true or otherwise? Do you want to find out? Then continue reading this article.
Starbuck has indeed stopped chicken Caprese. According to a report, Starbucks made this decision because the chicken Caprese failed to meet its outlined standard. Contrarily, the company announced that in no way does the said item cause any illness. The company’s announcement follows unverified social media reports that claim chicken Caprese made a few people sick.
Why Was Starbucks Chicken Caprese Discontinued?
On Friday, June 27, 2022, Starbucks announced the recall of chicken Caprese from their menu because the item didn’t meet their quality standard.
Hence, they discontinued selling the item to have room for improvement. Furthermore, chicken Caprese isn’t the only product that Starbucks has stopped.
Others include maple butter and egg sandwich, which were all reported to have caused certain sicknesses.
Several consumers complain they experience stomach aches after consuming chicken Caprese, maple butter, and eggwich.
On the other hand, Chicagos’ vice president of the Institute of Food Technologies, Bryan Hitchcock, commended Starbucks’s effort to remove products that don’t meet their standard of quality, despite the items’ popularity.
Bryan Hitchcock made this known on social media and encouraged that there are many ways to ensure the safety of any food at the time of purchase, even before consumption.
What is in Starbucks Chicken Caprese?
Starbucks’ chicken Caprese comprises chicken breast (slowly cooked one), roasted red peppers, mozzarella cheese, pesto, and bowtie pasta.
Below is a tabular breakdown of the ingredients that make up the Starbucks Chicken Caprese.
|1||Olive oil||One tablespoon|
|2||Skinless chicken breast||4|
|3||Tomato sauce||1 ½ cup|
|5||Chicken broth||½ cup|
|6||Fresh flat-leaf parsley||¼ cup|
|7||Salt||To your taste|
|8||Pepper||To your taste|
|9||Sliced mozzarella||½ Ib|
|10||Sliced Italian tomato||1|
|11||Basil leaves||12 small pieces|
|12||Minced garlic||One tablespoon|
However, if you crave chicken Caprese one day, you can use the ingredients mentioned earlier and the procedure below to prepare it in your leisure time.
- Start by heating the oil over medium heat in a deep skillet.
- Add the skinless chicken breasts, and turn each side for two minutes until they become brown.
- Add your onion, garlic, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and parsley to the skillet.
- Allow everything to boil, and then cover and allow it to simmer for about 13 to 15 minutes over low heat until the inside of the chicken flesh has lost its pink color.
- Top the chicken breasts with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Cover and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with basil leaves.
- Enjoy your recipe
Moreover, after successfully preparing your chicken Caprese, you can serve it with any of the following:
- Fried rice
- Mashed potatoes
- Avocado toast.
- Chips and Sauce.
- Fried Zucchini.
- Baked potatoes.
- Grilled cheese sandwich.
- Baked potatoes.
Is Starbucks Chicken Caprese Healthy?
A piece of Starbucks’ chicken Caprese comes with 540 calories. The calories mostly come from 43% carbohydrates, 34% fat, and 33% protein. Hence, the number of calories is high for just an item.
Here is the nutritional value and calories info of Starbucks chicken Caprese:
|3||Fat (Saturated)||7.5.0 g|
|4||Fat (Trans)||0.00 g|
|5||Calories from fat||180.00|
|6||Vitamin A||0.00 mcg|
|8||Carbohydrates (Total)||56.85 g|
|9||Dietary fiber||2.99 g|
|13||Vitamin D||0.60 mcg|
Starbucks Chicken Caprese Alternative
Though Starbucks doesn’t offer chicken Caprese now, below are some recipes you can enjoy in the absence of it:
- The grilled chicken sandwich is made from chicken, mozzarella cheese, tomato, and pesto.
- Tomato mozzarella Panini. It’s a healthy and delicious vegetarian sandwich.
- Chicken Caprese sandwich, which you can eat as a sandwich or salad. It’s sweet and contains low calories and saturated fat.
- Easy Veggie Panini. It contains focaccia, sourdough or ciabatta, sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red bell pepper, onion, crimini mushrooms, goat cheese, spinach, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- Pesto, mozzarella, and tomato Panini contain the ciabatta sandwich rolls, basil pesto, mozzarella cheese, pepper, olive oil, salt, and tomato as ingredients.
- Boiled chicken breast: Boiled chicken breasts are a fantastic technique for obtaining tender, juicy and flavorful chicken breasts.
- Baked Chicken Caprese: It incorporates all the flavors of Italy and comes together in less than 30 minutes, just like a Caprese salad.
The Chicken Caprese recipe is based on a fresh Caprese salad with mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and basil.
What Are The Best Starbucks Drinks?
- Peppermint Mocha
- Pumpkin spice latte.
- Toasted white chocolate mocha
- Cold infusion with burnt toasted caramel.
- Caramel Burnt Latte.
- Chestnut Praline Latte.
- Santa Claus Frappuccino
- Salted Caramel Mocha Latte.
Most Starbucks drinks are exceptionally good, but the eight above are extremely tantalizing.
#1. What is The Healthiest Drink At Starbucks?
The list below states the healthiest drinks at Starbucks, following their calorie amount.
- Cafe Misto.
- Iced oat milk and brown sugar shaken espresso.
- Americano coffee.
- Flat white.
- Cold infusion with honey and almond milk.
- Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte.
- Chai Tea Latte (sort of)
#2. What Are The Most Popular Starbucks Drinks?
The list below comprises the most popular Starbucks drinks of all time.
- Brewed coffee.
- Cafe Latte.
- Pumpkin spice latte.
- Caramel Macchiato.
- Mocha coffee.
- American Coffee.
- Hot chocolate.
Bonus: Starbucks’s coffee consumption is relatively higher than its counterparts.
One of Starbucks’ popular points is that they provide gifts on consumers’ birthdays – beautiful and appreciative.
Not only that, but Starbucks gives so many discounts to its consumers.
Moreover, Starbucks employees don’t only get free food and a variety of free drinks per shift but also enjoy a 30% discount on purchasing company products during non-working hours.
Lastly, Starbucks has a partnership with Apple. Hence, its employees can enjoy discounts on some Apple products.
Starbucks withdrew chicken Caprese for a quality concern. Furthermore, Starbucks avoided negative reviews from consumers claiming the product caused their illnesses.
However, if you still want to prepare chicken Caprese for yourself/your family, we provided a step-by-step guide above with all the ingredients you’ll need to make it yummy.